Thursday, April 23, 2009

Three study units down, 17 to go

As you may know, I've been trying to make a career transition -- from past work as a technical writer to a second career as an accountant. It's been tough, however, to get employers interested in a 45-year-old who wants to start at the bottom. So I'm working on adding some value to my resume by taking the CPA exam. It's a grueling four-part ordeal that requires you to know a lot about a lot of things -- but at least you get to take one part at a time. I'm starting with REG -- regulation and taxes. I got ahold of some study materials, meanwhile sending in my application to take the REG exam sometime during July or August (the exam is given during four two-month "testing windows," each of which consists of the first two months of a quarter-year, with the third month being used for keeping track of what's going on, at testing HQ).

Stay tuned for updates -- it's going to be a haul!

1 Comments:

Blogger Suldog said...

So, is the exam upcoming still, or have you taken it? Good Luck, congratulations, or condolences - whichever applies!

6:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home